[Sca-cooks] Harry Potter munchies

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Apr 1 15:57:22 PST 2004

At 02:12 PM 4/1/2004, you wrote:
>Just a side note:
>
>Right before the first Harry Potter film was released, Rosie O'Donnell had
>a guest on her show with basic recipes for the treats featured in the
>films. Below they are as I remember them.

<snip>

>Cauldron cakes- regular brownies baked in mini or standard muffin
>pans.  Poke a finger into the top whil cooling.  Add a puff of cotton
>candy "billowing'" from this hole as the "smoke"

How odd. I had assumed that cauldron cakes were the deep-fried thinks, like
elephant ears. The brits have another name for them. They show up as
'frytours' in _our_ cookbooks. Or am I smoking something?

63 days... has everyone seen the latest trailer? They show Hermione
punching Draco. Most satisfying!

'Lainie
-Potter deprived...
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918