[Sca-cooks] Harry Potter munchies

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Fri Apr 2 02:47:50 PST 2004

> At 05:12 PM 4/1/2004 -0500, Ardenia wrote:
> >Right before the first Harry Potter film was released, Rosie O'Donnell
had
> >a guest on her show with basic recipes for the treats featured in the
> >films. Below they are as I remember them.
> . . .
<snip>

> >Pumpkin pastries- use sugar cookie dough (homemade, refrigerated, made
> >from mix) as the crust.  The recipe said to fit it into tart pans
> >etc...  the fill with pumpkin pie filling flavored to taste.  I
personally
> >just make large round sugar cookies, drop the filling on by spoonfuls and
> >then pinch up the edges over the filling to form a small "pouch"  --this
> >is somewhat like the Magic Middles by Keebler from the 80's.   You then
> >bake the"pastries" in either form until slightly gloden bu still a bit
soft.

Pumpkin pies seem to be a US only thing - definitely not eaten in the UK
where Harry Potter was written. As far as I know, the UK doesn't make sweets
out of pumpkin.

I think they were having you on.

Glenda.

Living in Pumpkin-Pie free Australia. We bake our pumpkins with our potatoes
as roast meat accompaniments, or maybe make pumpkin scones.