[Sca-cooks] What would you do?

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Apr 6 15:19:20 PDT 2004

In a message dated 4/5/2004 11:45:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, pjc2 at cox.net
writes:

<<For some reason the cook was not
given any money to shop with until the the day before the feast (and did not
have the money to pay for the food themselves and wait for reimbursement.)
My question is, what would you do if you found yourself in this
circumstance? >>

Well, the first thing I would have done (and I have no idea if the person
involved tried this or not) would have been to make a great deal of noise, much
before the day before the event, about needing money to buy the foods and not
being able to wait for reimbursement.  In fact, before that, I would have made
darned sure that the autocrat who asked me to do the feast knew that I
required this before I'd agreed to do the feast.
If I found myself in that situation despite having done all the above?  Well,
I'd do it, but  I would not attempt to do my normal shopping around and
visiting 4 or 5 different stores to get the best price.  I'd decide what the most
important items were, get those, and buy whatever I could with what I had left,
and if the full planned menu wasn't available, well, that's tough.

Brangwayna