[Sca-cooks] Re: Elevation Standards

Carper, Rachel rachel.carper at hp.com
Thu Apr 8 16:55:46 PDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: sca-cooks-bounces at ansteorra.org
[mailto:sca-cooks-bounces at ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of
Wildecelery at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 7:24 PM
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Sca-cooks] Re: Elevation Standards

I have a few thoughts to add to the list, but will start with
identifying myself as one of the poeple who is
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nowhere near being a Laurel.

I am a Laurel apprentice.  My Mistress is not one who pushes.  She
periodically asks me what my next project is, supports me when I choose
a project, serves as a sounding board for new projects, points me
towards other Peers who may be more knowledgeable about my current
project, reminds me to keep track of what I've done, gives me deportment
lessons as needed and generally serves as a support and a billow, as
opposed to a force behind what I do.  She leads by example, and is
constantly delving into new arts and sciences and ventures of her own.
She shares these adventures with her apprentices by request, and often
looks at our forays into new projects as adventures on which she may
"tag along."  To me, her teaching, supports, and thirst for further
knowledge exemplify the Laurel I can only hope to one day become.

This sounds so cool. Where can I find one? Since I am basically an e
member I don't get to meet many people regularly and use the list as a
sounding board.

Elewyiss