[Sca-cooks] OT: I feel ill...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Apr 9 09:30:14 PDT 2004

Also sprach lilinah at earthlink.net:
>Adamantius wrote:
>>  >His perfectionism is much on display in "Shaolin Soccer," a film
>>  >that makes perhaps the best comic use of computer-generated images
>>  >since "The Mask" with Jim Carrey in 1994, a movie that greatly
>>  >influenced Mr. Chow. Mr. Carrey has since returned the compliment:
>>  >20th Century Fox has purchased "God of Cookery," a 1996 Stephen Chow
>>  >film, for a Jim Carrey remake.
>>
>>It's not yet 8AM and I feel like I need a drink...
>
>Oy! Guess we'll need to rent it soon before it's pulled off the
>market so it won't compete with the Jim Carrey version... Now I have
>to go see if my local video store rents it...
>
>Anahita
>so NOT awaiting the re-make of "The Pink Panther", i'm not kidding,
>it's in the works

Take heart. Even though somebody found it necessary to remake "The
Ladykillers", a sin against The Eternal if ever there was one,  it
seems as if the planned remake of "Kind Hearts And Coronets" with
Will Smith in the Dennis Price role and Robin Williams in the Alec
Guinness role(s), will not be made. Gott sei dank for small favors;
that would have been possibly the absolute last straw. Maybe the
remake of "The Pink Panther" will get lost in development hell?

Adamantius, picking up brush for remake of The Mona Lisa. She oughtta
be wearing a g-string, dontcha think? Appeal to a new generation of
art lovers? Asking Anna Nichole Smith to model...