[Sca-cooks] Verjus

Naquiba Katira al-Maghrebiyya cynaguanswan at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 15:09:26 PDT 2004

Oh, sorry, Philo is where Navarro is located.  If I
needed verjus in the next few weeks, I would order it
from Navarro.

I attended a feast a couple of years ago when I was
Princess of Cynagua.  The Navarro verjus was used in
some of the feast dishes, and a few bottles were on
the high table. I asked that one be chilled for me to
drink.  The reply from the kitchen was "Oh, you don't
want to drink this! It is just for cooking!"  I sent
it back saying I knew from past experience it was
drinkable and please chill it.  I had it over lots of
ice and it was lovely, though perhaps not to all
tastes.

Good luck on your feast!

Katira