[Sca-cooks] Planning a Siege Cooking Contest

karobert at unm.edu karobert at unm.edu
Fri Apr 9 18:16:28 PDT 2004

tho it is the bane of my existance....

a whole cleaned chicken is a challenge.   people concoct ovens and
rotisseries, or say damn you all to hades and joint it and make bookoo
and abundant dishes from it

a friend of mine did one where some staples were given, but she had more
for the asking.... as i recall... flour, eggs, oatmeal, salt and sugar.
    water, of course, was a given.

she allowed you two items you 'had in your home' (campsite....  people
were cooking with beer, wine and whiskey like crazy!  i used constant
comment tea to make marbled eggs for an appetizer)

in our neck of the woods (southern outlands) we tend to use chicken.
never pork tho occasionally pork sausage.  i  can't recall any beef,
really.   we had one that was 'dessert only' to supplement a camping
potluck.

parsnips are fun!

cailte
iron chef irish (at least around here)