[Sca-cooks] what does C&I mean - was: merchants as Laurels

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Thu Apr 15 08:56:12 PDT 2004

--On Thursday, April 15, 2004 8:48 AM -0700 pandoraf at verizon.net wrote:

> greetings to the list,
>
> please excuse the ignorance of a newbie, but I"ve seen C&I used a couple
> times and I can't decipher what it stands for???

C & I   refers to calligraphy and illumination, usually used in the SCA as
making award scrolls tho some (of us) crazy people do it as books, maps,
favors (under the embroidery)  and even the dreaded marzipan. ;)

cailte
''Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy.''
                                                        W.B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Administrative Asst. II
UNM Freshman Admissions