Jadwiga's Fault - was, Re: [Sca-cooks] Need Platina recipe -- in Latin

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Apr 15 10:05:07 PDT 2004

Also sprach Dani:
>  > the planned
>>  phasing out of the Nutter Butter cookie
>
>what?!?!  Okay, 'wiga, this time you've gone too far.
>
>hmph.
>
>-Iuliana, now a firm believer that everything is Jadwiga's fault.  ;P

She admitted it.

Actually, I had heard rumors a year or more ago about the
discontinuation of the Nutter Butter, and the great hue and cry
raised in the New York City area. It seems that when you give blood
in New York... you've got to get some Nutter Butters. It's some kind
of city ordinance.

Anyway, the NY Blood Drive and various concerned citizens raised a
fuss, and finally Nabisco decided to pack up their last
200-year-supply of NBC's and give them the the NY Blood Drive.
Subsequently, though, I think they may simply have changed their
minds and decided to keep producing the cookies.

People were actually saying that they wouldn't give blood if the
cookie were discontinued.

As it happens, when self, spouse and child were in the supermarket
over last weekend, The Evil Spawn located and sort of waggled a thumb
at a package of NBC's, a la Bugs Bunny saying "what a maroon." I
could have sworn I heard him mutter something about Jadwiga.

At the time, I thought nothing of it. Now, of course, I see the
deadly significance.

Adamantius