[Sca-cooks] Nutterbutters was Re: Jadwiga's Fault -

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Apr 15 18:53:32 PDT 2004

Also sprach Kerri Martinsen:
>I used to work for Nabisco...
>
>There are actually 2 different kinds of Nutter Butters.
>1.  A sandwich cookie like an oreo that has peanut butter filling and peanut
>butter cookies shaped like peanuts.

This is the Nutter Butter of the New York City area, much favored by
blood donors.

>2. A wafer sandwich like the pink/brown/white wafers, only thicker and
>filled with peanut butter filling.
>

>#2 is not available in all areas - mostly only in the south.  That may be
>the one they would consider nixing if any....  #1 sells too well.  Not as
>good as Oreos, but still...

Thass okay, Hydrox is the One True Chocolate Sandwich cookie. Oreos
are just fake Hydrox, even though Hydrox sounds like something either
Greek gods or mad scientists would eat.

And this wafer (which I've seen, but not sure it was a Nabisco
product or known by that name; I think both the Sunshine people and
Keebler make a similar product) is truly labelled as Nutter Butter?

Adamantius