[Sca-cooks] PDF files

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 16 12:17:39 PDT 2004

Hello to everyone,

I'm Dorothea & new to the list, my husband Ed & I are fairly new here in
Highland Foorde.

Well I didn't think that PDF files would be my first post but I hope the
following helps.

I don't have trouble with them at all & as I have just upgraded to OS X.3 &
Adobe CS I wasn't sure why. So I investigated. My default PDF viewer seems
to be set for Preview, which is part of OS X, (maybe prior to the .3 upgrade
too). The Apple description is found at
http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/preview/
If you have OS X.3 you will have it. If you have OS X the upgrade should be
free.

I think if you are using a machine on which you upgraded the OS from 9 to X
then you may have PS as your default for opening PDFs.
Since I don't remember changing this myself I don't know if you set this in
your browser or elsewhere. The installation may have done it for me.

One other thing I recently bought is a copy of Nisus Writer Express, found
at the Nisus web site (nisus.com?) It seems to be able to open any sort of
document I get. It's $60.00-ish.

If you want to compare other geek notes off list my email is
office at cdlimited.com

Looking forward to discussing food too....

Dorothea