[Sca-cooks] Wine must???

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Apr 19 07:27:46 PDT 2004

It sounds like maybe there's some (modern) confusion over the usage of
the word? And that my best "gotta have it now, no local sources, and the
internet sells it in huge quantities when I only need a couple of cups,
max" choice will be to use the 100% unsweetened juice, even if the
commercially-produced stuff wouldn't have any of the tannins and whatnot
I'd expect to have hanging around from stems and such in a freshly
mashed batch of proto-wine.
Unless I can find grapes (sometimes show up as Chilean imports)....would
I just wash and pick over the grapes, and then mash them, stems and
seeds and all, and then sieve them, to keep the solids and filter out
the juice?
I'm not after any particular flavor....it just shows up as an ingredient
in several mustard recipes, and I'm working on several of them as an A&S
entry.

Thanks for helping me out on this!
--maire, who may have to try out those greek cookies, anyway!