[Sca-cooks] New World Foods Correction

Lorenz Wieland lorenz_wieland at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 19 11:01:31 PDT 2004

Barbara Benson wrote:

>>I have documentation for Maize and Agave in a Pisa botanical garden, but
>>that does not mean that they were making whiskey and tequila.
>>

>Strike whiskey replace with burbon.
>
>Not really good with my spirits.

You were fine the first time.  Whiskey can be made from nearly any
grain, including corn.  Bourbon is that subset of whiskeys which is
produced in Bourbon County, Kentucky in accordance with certain rules
and guidelines (which is why Jack Daniels, despite being very
bourbon-like in all other respects, is not technically, bourbon).

Of course, if maize were to be grown by a member of the Bourbon family
in France and made into a whiskey...

-Lorenz