[Sca-cooks] Fw: [EKCooksGuild] their royal majesties... *blink*

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 22 14:44:27 PDT 2004

I'm jealous.  Our current King and Queen are ok, but the ones who just
stepped down, ayeeah!  Her Majesty was allergic to all sorts of stuff
and was basically vegetarian.  His Majesty wouldn't eat much of anything
except roast beef, hotdogs, cheese and chocolate!  And these are the
people we had to deal with for our Investiture last fall.  Then this
past weekend, a good friend was cooking her first feast at an event in a
neighboring Barony.  The erstwhile King showed up and was invited by the
Crowns to sit at High Table, so my friend had to provide, at almost no
notice at all, provide him with the things he would eat.  Not
fun...especially for a new head cook!  And she was even more
disappointed when every single sauce she sent out was returned
untasted.  Sigh.  Not a good experience at all.  She was quite
discouraged.  I told her not to worry...everyone with any degree of
taste and perception thoroughly enjoyed the feast!

Kiri

Phlip wrote:

>Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...
>

>>This is great!!
>>I had high hopes when they went to the Cook's Collegium, and it looks like
>>those hopes are being fulfilled.
>>I hope we can live up to the trust in "encouraged to follow their whims".
>>Juliana
>>
>>In a message dated 4/22/2004 4:06:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>>jenne at fiedlerfamily.net writes:
>>From Their Royal Majesties ' web page:
>>
>>"The King and Queen have no special needs in regards to food and
>>beverages. They do not have any food allergies, nor do they have any
>>dislikes. They like to try new things and therefore request that cooks and
>>preparers of foods, feasts and dayboards are encourage to follow their
>>whims, especially using period recipies and redactions."
>>
>>WOW! I think the cooks of the Kingdom should do something extra special
>>for these Royals!
>>

>Holy blazes, fellow Cooks ;-) We in the EK are going to have a GREAT reign
>;-)
>
>Saint Phlip,
>CoDoLDS
>
>"When in doubt, heat it up and hit it with a hammer."
> Blacksmith's credo.
>
> If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is probably not a
>cat.
>
>Never a horse that cain't be rode,
>And never a rider who cain't be throwed....

Learning is a lifetime journey...growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
					-- C.E. Lawrence