[Sca-cooks] FW: Champagne Truffles Revisited

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Fri Apr 23 01:42:46 PDT 2004

Also sprach <kingstaste at mindspring.com>:
> [...]

I must have missed the beginning of this thread. What was this
more-or-less universally held opinion? I remember seeing something
about efforts to make the end product taste more grape-ey. Maybe a
little grape jelly stirred in, or a nice Nehi Grape soda reduction?
Grape Kool-Aid? I'm not really sure what's being asked, here...

>   My question to the person who made gooey
>ones, did you cook down the champagne to 1/4 cup?  An entire bottle of
>champagne cooked down to 1/4 cup is a thick syrup.  That is about the
>quantity of cordial that I put into a batch of truffles so I made no
>adjustment and the texture was right.

Same here...

Adamantius