[Sca-cooks] sanding sugar?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 24 05:04:01 PDT 2004

No, it is a colored sugar that has a similar consistency to regular
sugar. I thought it would look "cool" to use red sanding sugar on the
heart-shaped "fritters" that we're making instead of making them in the
fish shapes (see recipe/redaction provided several weeks back from the
Flory-thingy by Anne-Marie and Gunther), heart shapes being more in
keeping with the theme of our event, Challenge of the Heart. My thought
was that we could use little heart-shaped pieces of pastry around the
edge of the crust for the cherry torta as well.

Kiri