[Sca-cooks] OOP, OT: New Lilieks goodies - Regrettable food fun

Volker Bach bachv at paganet.de
Wed Apr 28 11:18:02 PDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:16:04 -0700, lilinah at earthlink.net wrote :
> It's a shame the website doesn't include any of the accompanying
> recipes. These would be useful for a new re-creation organization,
> one doing the 1950s and 60s...
>
> Anahita
> who often fantasizes about what the events of such an organization
> would be like...

> ...and shudders

Heh, I'd be game. Just imagine:

The Shire of New Mars City invites all comers to its all-weekend A&S event
'HUAC Nights'. THere will be a rocketship ball in honour of our scientists
and engineers and a Great Hearing at which seven new applicants will be
inducted into the Honorable Order of Werner von Braun. Classes on proper
dress etiquette, recreating fins on automobiles, milkshake making, country
guitar playing, and proper political parlance are on offer (know your
Commies from your Pinkos, and never say 'black').

Feast will be tuna-noodle casserole and turkey with lima beans. Bring your
own bakelite dishes.

The Bardic circle will present its All-Star Potpourri including 'Dont't
take your guns To Town, Willy', 'At the Hop', and 'When General MacArthur
drops the Atomic Bomb'.

:-p

Giano