[Sca-cooks] Re: 50's vs '70s

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Apr 29 17:46:20 PDT 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> And doesn't the '64 Mustang kind of balance the bad bell bottoms? I don't
> actually remember anyone *real* wearing them, just Sonny and Cher.
>
> Cynara

I must be unreal, then- I wore them then, and I still do, since Rob gave me
his Navy dungarees. Was irritated for a while there, when the closest thing
to bell bottoms I could find was Levi's Boot Cut jeans, back before they
were labelled with all the numbers.

Proper pants should be skin tight (but not ready to bust) to a couple inches
above the knees, then gently flare to the bottom. Only time I dislike bells,
is when I'm barefoot, they're a bit too long, and I catch my big toe in the
other bell and fall on my nose. Other than that, they're great with sandals,
boots, or "athletic" shoes...

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

Semi-reclaimed hippy at large...