[Sca-cooks] OOP, OT: Seditious Songs

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 29 18:15:22 PDT 2004

On 29 Apr 2004, at 19:47, Carper, Rachel wrote:

> My mother taught us that song. We used to sing it on road trips into DC
> to go to the zoo. Drove my father nuts. I'll see if I can find the words
> for you.

> > You forgot "It's Uncle Ivanovich's turn to throw the Bomb"

That (and many other old favorites) can be found in the Digital Tradition song
database:
http://www.mudcat.org/@displaysong.cfm?SongID=3100

This version is entitled "It's Sister Jenny's Turn to Throw the Bomb", though it
does mention *brother* Ivanovich in the last stanza.

obFood: One can also find the complete lyrics for "Men of Garlic", "Hard
Cheese of Old England", "O Lutefisk, O Lutefisk", and "I'd Rather Make
Coffee Than Love".

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net