[Sca-cooks] Re:50's etc - OT, OOP

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 30 14:20:02 PDT 2004

> Also sprach Devra at aol.com:
>
>> In a message dated 4/29/2004 6:14:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>> sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org writes:
>>
>>>  but during the
>>>  >late '60s adn 'early '70s I was deeply involved with that weird
>>> guy with
>>>  the
>>>  >pointy ears, and the other guy who breathed funny,

That would have been a good trick - Star Wars preemed in May 1977.  The
presentations at SF cons started by 1976, in a truly astonishing
manipulation of Fandom in a word-of-mouth campaign.  Can't knock success.

>>>  Jack Palance???
>>>

>> Er, no.  The REALLY tall guy with the nifty black armour and cloak -
>> think
>> Evil Empire....
>>      Devra
>

> Now I'm confused. At what point did David Prowse play _either_ George
> W. Bush _or_ George Steinbrenner?
>
> Adamantius

Darth Steinbrenner's armor wouldn't be black, but white with black
pinstripes...

Selene C.