[Sca-cooks] Cream Boat pans and mixes was ho hos

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Aug 14 16:09:14 PDT 2004

Williams-Sonoma has been running ads all summer
in their catalogs for cupcake molds and filled cupcake
mixes. Only 12.00 for the "easy-to-prepare mix ...
makes 12 cupcakes or 8 Cream Boat™ cakes..
A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.

The Cream Boat™ Pan which is advertised as
"Add some whimsy to your baking repertoire with our Cream Boat™ pan. Fun
and easy to make, the Cream Boat™ is a boat-shaped cakelet that recalls
the popular treats we enjoyed as children. First created during the
Depression, it's shaped like a rotund little boat and contains a creamy
vanilla filling. This pan makes eight cakelets that are ready for you to
fill (recipes included).  A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.

Cream Boat™ is used under license from Interstate Brands West Corp.

It's only $26.00.

The age old question here again is why does the mix make 12 but the
pan makes only 8. Rather like hot dogs and hot dog buns.

Johnnae