[Sca-cooks] Need a few SCA-Cooks digests and some Pennsic stuff

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 22 00:19:59 PDT 2004

Greetings to the SCA-Cooks list,

I just got back from Pennsic a few hours ago. This Pennsic, except for
one day was rather cool, especially the first few days. Unfortunately
the last two days were rather wet. It rained Thursday night and into
Friday morning, brightened briefly with the sun coming out and then
clouded over and started raining again about 4:30 pm Friday and didn't
stop until early Saturday morning. I heard that it rained 4 1/2 inches
Friday night. Unfortunately the ground was still soaked from Thursday's
rain.

The SCA-Cooks pot luck went okay, although because the turnout in out
camp was small, the space available was a bit cramped. I made a bisket
bread and served it with Angel Food and a fig/raisin paste since I
could make these at home and bring them with me. The bisket bread
seemed to go over much better than either of the topping did. I've
found that I just don't seem to be able to find the time at Pennsic to
cook something for the pot luck so I was looking for something I could
cook ahead and bring along.

The Krupnik (Fire Vodka) recipe which I got after inquiring about it
here, went over rather well, including one marriage proposal :-), so I
suspect I will be making more of it.

Unfortunately, my mail program lost contact with my mail server, so my
mailbox overflowed while I was gone and I seem to be missing a few
digests. Could someone please send me the SCA-Cooks digests after Vol
15, number 45 which was sent out on August 17.

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas