[Sca-cooks] Cooking at Pennsic

DeeWolff at aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Tue Aug 24 04:47:57 PDT 2004

And yes, I did.

I attended several classes related to cooking.

The best? A first person portrayal of Galileo's Daughter, complete with
letters she read to her father (us, the audience) and all of the goodies she sent
him for tasting. Extremely well done. I was enraptured the entire hour. Yes,
Ibrought home the hadout complete with recipes....

I also enjoyed the classes on The kitchens of Hampton court, food ideas from
the professional cook, and medieval scents and waters (hi, Jadwiga)

I had the opportunity to learn Atkins style bread Baking from Master John
Elys, and bake it in a mud oven in the Budgardr encampment.

My favorite thing though was to be finally home to cook in Enchanted Ground.
I had always dreamed of it, and this year I did it. It was everything I
expected and more. His Grace Cariadoc and Mistress Elizabeth are fine and very nice
hosts, and I fear that I am so spoiled, nothing else will do.

Despite a tent failure, ably rescued by Budgardr and repaired the next day
with "free" materials from Panther Primitves even though I bought the tent 12
years ago, we had a wonderful time.

I performed in two mummings (EK Barons Dinner) and (Midnight Madness) and got
to also perform in Coxcomb Academy as well. Very Cool!

I ate great things at SPCA cook night (finally finding it after all these
years) and got to put faces to names. I have met the illustrious Stefan. I am
honored.

I am indebted to Phlip for her kindness to me in undertaking the food for my
apprentice ceremony. Despite some significant setbacks, she even went to the
trouble to create a subtlety to honor my newest Master (I am proteged to Master
Ian Mitchell as well) Henry MacQueen. He was most tickled and it made both of
us very happy.

Thank you as well to Elisebeta for the food help on apprentice night, and for
the fine poppyseed cake.

I also thank Master Adamantius for the fine gift of quince paste....

I was surrounded by family and friends the entire week, and it felt more like
home than my tiny little (very wet- but that's another story) house here in
the North woods of the Crown Province of Ostgardr (East). I am blessed.

Andrea MacIntyre
Sated, satisfied, and seeking

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in
it."
Julia Child