[Sca-cooks] Normans and red hair

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Aug 24 23:20:17 PDT 2004

> > *Frogs*? Stefan, I'm not French, I'm *NORMAN*. There is a
> > difference, you know!
> >
> > 'Lainie
> > -another member of the Red-Headed Norman League
>
> Sheesh, what's with this! My ex-consort is a red head AND a Norman
Interesting. I don't know. I wonder if there is some relationship. But
although I have red hair, and picked my persona name because of it, I
picked the time and culture because the 12th C Norman clothing diagrams
in the theatre costuming book I was looking at seemed to be of clothing
I could/would be willing to wear. And had a chance of making or
affording.
> Anahita
> who always wanted red hair and sometimes uses henna
Ah, yes. The period hair bleaching/dyeing recipes. My favorite one
being the one that had the modern? commentary "... and if your hair
remained, it was blond."

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas