[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Potluck, revisited

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Aug 26 11:58:46 PDT 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

>The entrance to our camp will be on the left as you get to the
>bottom of the first hill. You will need to travel down the
>dirt/grass entrance road for several hundred feet as we are closer
>to the lake than the road....
>
>Please remember that if you need help getting down to our camp for
>the dinner or back home, we will make arrangements to come get you
>or take you back if you let us know. The same goes if you need help
>transporting your food donation.

> I'll probably need help getting back, I'll arrange a ride there with
> mobility services, but it will be too late to get a ride back.

> I can get down the hill but not up... and the several hundred feet of
> grass road is completely impassible to my wheel chair.
> Ranvaig

Ranvaig, I am truly sorry that you couldn't make it. I had no idea of your
difficulties until after I was at Pennsic, and was sorry I was unable to
make it out to your camp. I would never have suggested our campsite if I
didn't KNOW we could get anyone in or out. I am VERY sensitive to the needs
of folks with disabilities, and I can ALWAYS find an accomodation.

For future reference, one and all, if ANY of you have any challenges with
getting to our camp, please let me know, but you need to do so EARLY. As
Land Agent, I leave for Pennsic on the Thursday night before Land Grab,
which is on Sat AM- I leave that early, because I'm hauling a trailer, and I
am NOT going to be late (and besides, the Land Grab Eve party on the
Battlefield is generally the best party at Pennsic ;-)

As far as access, Mobility Assistance services can deal with getting you
there, and back, if you notify them, and can also deal with non-powered
wheel chairs. If it's really a problem, they will borrow a golf cart from
Chirurgeons. They are open until 8 PM, and all you need to do is notify
them. If you're powered, and think you may not have enough charge to get
back up the hill, Canadian Power and Light (a campmate) can deal with that
too, with a bit of warning.

Also, the two big camps to the side of our driveway are Lions of the Cross,
and Church of Debauchery. Either of those groups has strong and courteous
young gentlemen who will help you get in or out at need. As a friend (or
guest) of mine, they will physically carry you, if necessary. Just for fun
and games, some of them conspired to carry me in a sedan chair all the way
up the hill to Chirurgeon's Point for a couple of my all night shifts- trust
me, they'll take care of you ;-)

Next Pennsic, I'll try to remember to get all of this information out, but,
until asked, I didn't want to clog up the List.

Now, shall we tell each other what we brought to the Potluck? I think the
folks at home might enjoy the dishes- I certainly did ;-)

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.