[Sca-cooks] Beans, beans, the musical fruit....

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 4 11:00:58 PDT 2004

I think you need to be careful with this one, you are using the word "bean"
in the usage, "a thing shaped like a bean" rather than "a member of genus
Phaseolus or related legume."  Cocoa, carob and coffee fall into this usage,
but are not true beans and are not closely related.  Giving the impression
they are true beans would be bad form.

And just for fun, I will point out that there is a question of the position
of "bunchum" or "bunn" (coffee) in the humoral hierarchy, att least
according to Abu Ali Al-Hussain Ibn Abdallah Ibn Sina (Avicenna), "As to the
choice thereof, that of a lemon color, light, and of a good smell, is the
best; the white and the heavy is naught.  It is hot and dry in the first
degree, and, according to others, cold in the first degree.  It fortifies
the members, it cleans the skin, and dries up the humidities that are under
it, and gives an excellent smell to all the body."

Bear