[Sca-cooks] I have photos to share!

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 19:05:32 PDT 2004

Last May, Lord Jared Blaydeaux, a member of this
list and husband to our wonderful Dame Selene
Colfox, celebrated his 50th birthday.  He decided
to have an Hawaiian themed party because this
was his 5 - O birthday. [i.e. Hawaii 5-0].

I volunteered to make his birthday cake.

Since Hawaii is the land of volcanos, I made
a volcano cake.  Since Jared was born in
Alabama, I made the cake using the Red Velvet
Cake that we discussed earlier this year.  The
frosting was the appropriate cream cheese
frosting.

Since Jared was [and still is] recovering from
a serious leg injury, I decided that it would
be appropriate that the natives on the cake would
sacrifice their old and lame to the volcano gods
to appease them and stop the eruptions.  So
the Lego figure in black represents Jared whose
colors are black and green.  The three Lego
natives are the priests forcing him into the
sacrifice.

For pictures, go here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~selene/id66.html

I am moderately pleased with the results.  But
I don't ever want to make a Red Velvet cake
again.  :-)

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.