[Sca-cooks] To those leaving for Pennsic

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 7 10:58:50 PDT 2004

>By the way, Papa G...I've joined the ranks of the unemployed yet again...
>boy that one only lasted 6 weeks!  I guess the old saw about something
>being too good to be true is right on the money!  So I'm looking again.
>
>Kiri

I can understand that. Still no job offers. And I thought going into the
computer field would be a sure bet for employment. Oops. Now I'm
competing with people who have Master's Degrees for a $12 an hour
job.

I'm now trying to get away from a career I hate to a career I love. I'm
talking with several catering  companies. These numbers were given to
me by some friends I have in the movie business. I think it would be a
blast to cater to movie and television crews as well as the usual catering
jobs. And, much to my surprise, all the folks I've talked to have been
very friendly and encouraging about me finding work. Now I just need to
actually find the work. I'm sure it doesn't pay much but it's more than I'm
making now.

Oh, and on a different note, on the Harry Potter discussion I just realized
something.
Now, this may have been discussed in one of the books or something since I
haven't
read them all, but in the first book it says that Dumbledoor assisted in the
discovery
of the Sorcer's Stone. And the guy who has it is over 600 years old. Well,
logically
either Dumbledoor also has a stone or he's immortal because he would have to
be
over 600 years old as well. Or was this just kind of overlooked?

Yers,

Gunthar