[Sca-cooks] Oops..um...nevermind

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sat Aug 7 12:39:04 PDT 2004

At 11:02 AM 8/7/2004, you wrote:
>Having just re-checked the first book I see that the Chocolate
>Frog card does not mention Dumbledore creating the Sorcer's
>Stone but just working on alchemy with his partner.
>
>Sorry, brain dead Gunthar.

Not really, Gunthar- it's a very common mistake (sez the woman who's been
on more fan boards than she will admit).

Interesting note thought- Nicholas Flamel was 665 when they had to destroy
the Philosopher's Stone (the proper name- Sorceror's was the American name
cause they though we wouldn't be interested in Philosophers). Dumbledore
said that he had enough elixir to keep alive until he could settle his
affairs. So... wonder how old he was when...

Personally I think Dumbledore is pretty cool and very fit for a guy that's
over 150 years old, don't you? And then there's Griselda Marchbanks, who's
old enough that she gave Dumbledore his NEWT exam (Charms, I think). Wow.

Of course, my personal hero, Minerva McGonaghal, is 70something. Hope I'm
that formidable then! (Not to mentionsharp!)

'Lainie