[Sca-cooks] Pork ribs

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Aug 8 08:19:30 PDT 2004

At 08:07 AM 8/8/2004, you wrote:
>I'm sorry, I know it's Pennsic and we have to stay away from our regular
>topics :-))
>
>But this one is a summer topic, kind of..
>

>So, since BBQ sauce isn't period, what are your recommendations on pork
>ribs? (besides the ubiquitous cameline sauce)

Try Poivre Jaunet. I made some last February for Regina's birthday party
(She yurend 57, so we had steaks and a variety of sauces!).

You can find it at http://www.godecookery.com/goderec/grec67.htm USE THE
PERIOD RECIPE not the redaction. Read them through and you'll know why.

Make it up a day or two ahead. It can pack a punch, but the flavors mellow
and blend a bit after a day or so and it is really, really good. I think it
would be delicious on your ribs! (But be sure to take your tunic off before
putting it on your ribs... uh... well...

Move along, Gracie...

'Lainie