[Sca-cooks] Survived My First Time As A Feast Steward

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 12:05:37 PDT 2004

Congratulations, Doll!
I'm happy to hear things went well.

>With a budget of only $200 and a planned number of about 100 people, the
>decision was made early on to do just a light lunch instead of a big feast.

Um...yeah, doing a feast on $2 a head is pretty much out of the question.

>Atenveldt doesn't do a lot of period
>feasts (one of the only ones I've ever had in Atenveldt was done by Count
>Gunthar).

One of the reasons I really hated to leave Atenveldt was because I felt I
could actually make a real impact on the feasts there. I am sorry to say
that I haven't been too impressed with many of them. And period cooking
is still in its infancy. I hope I at least spread some seeds of change.
Looks like
I have helped some.

>Mushroom Pasties (although I did it in a tart format to save time)
>Another Tarts (cheese tart)
>Garlic Torta (done by Lady Nastas'ia)
>White Tart
>Raisin Paste
>Garlic and Cheese Sauce (used as a spread)
>Chickpeas with Eggs and Cheese (ground up in a food processor and used as a
>spread)
>
>Also on the menu were things that didn't need cooking/baking:
>An assortment of sliced meats
>An assortment of sliced cheeses
>Bread
>Crackers
>Butter
>Mustard
>Fruit (red grapes and sliced apples)

Sounds wonderful. Especially on your budget.

>Recipe booklets were given out at the lunch so hopefully some of the diners
>will get excited about making period food for themselves.

Another thing I like seeing done.

>Yours in service,
>Katheline

For those of you who don't know this flat out BEAUTIFUL lady, she does
amazing
costuming, cheesemaking, dance and is the only person I've ever awarded a
perfect
score in a kingdom A&S competition on her cooking entry.

You're an all around groovy person.

Gunthar