Missing Posts? was, [Sca-cooks] Re: What would you do?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 9 16:11:59 PDT 2004

Adamantius wrote:
>Sorry, I'm confused. Have I been getting only some of the posts to this
>list, or is this in response to a thread started on April 5, 2004, with the
>same subject line?

It's a thread on the SCAFoodandFeasts list. I think it may have been
posted here by accident.

It's about someone bidding on a Kingdom level feast for $6 a head,
then being told, after accepting the bid that the feast will now only
be $3 a head. The cook is very upset and wondering what to do -
Getting half as much money as you planned to spend on food means one
has to change one's plans. IIRC, the primary possibilities are (1)
paying the difference out of one's own pocket, (2) redesigning the
meal into something rather simple and light, not the originally
planned three course meal, and not what people will be expecting, or
(3) outright quitting as head cook.

Anahita