[Sca-cooks] The Secret Life of...

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 10 07:58:33 PDT 2004

Kiri-sama wrote:

>I agree...you did a marvelous job, lady!  I just wish they had shown more of your work...and used your extensive knowledge more to talk about the history of pies.  That would have been far more useful!
>
>Kiri

You heard more from me than you think.  I also supplied everything they
said about Cornish Pasties, as well as a citation from the Arthurian
corpus which they mentioned.  Recipe and lore on my web page
<http://home.earthlink.net/~selene/id6.html>

Reb Avraham wrote:

>>I just caught the "Pie" episode of "The Secret Life of..." on TV Food
>>Network, featuring our own Selene (Susan Fox-Davis) in a segment on Cornish
>>Pasties. The host's a jerk, but Selene was wonderful! :-) Huzzah!

He was actually very nice.  He capers a lot on camera but that may just
be an over-reaction from how little he gets to do on his other show, ALL
AMERICAN FESTIVALS.  But he did hang around for about an hour after the
shoot, chatting with my family as I interviewed him about his career and
family.

What I found interesting about the demos on this episode were the
completely opposite philosophies and methods demostrated by the Pecan
Pie Lady and myself.  Each version of pie crust in particular has its
reason and season;  there were no wrong answers.

I had them bill me as a "culinary historian" because it sounded better
than "harmless historical nut".  One of these days I need to write some
books for some kind of media credibility.

>>Reb Avraham haRofeh
>>     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
>>Quarterly azure and argent, four mascles counterchanged
>>Random Tag: "It's not low-carb, it's not low-fat - it's low TECH!"

WOO HOO!  I'm a tagline!  I am so stoked -- I really worked hard on
composing that slogan.

Selene, a patsy for pasty