[Sca-cooks] Frog legs

AEllin Olafs dotter aellin at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 10 11:28:22 PDT 2004

It seems they really do...

Family story. About 150 years old... *G*

My great-great-grandmother was an Irish peasant girl who married Up in
the World - my great-great-grandfather was a fairly well off
Anglo-Irishman. He brought his bride to America. Their first night in
New York, he introduced her to Fine Dining. On the way back to the
hotel, he asked how she liked her meal. "Oh, it was wonderful -
especially that tiny delicate chicken!"

"Those were frog's legs."

She got sick in the gutter...

My granny told that story about her granny (who evidently told it on
herself) - but I never knew if that was the beginning or the end of
experimentation for her. *G*

AEllin