[Sca-cooks] Frog legs

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 10 11:51:36 PDT 2004

I often ordered frog's legs at an outdoor seafood restaurant in
Jakarta Indonesia when i lived there. The flavor of the frog's legs
was mild, perhaps like mild chicken, although the texture was more
tender and smooth. They were definitely not frozen. I usually got the
kind that was cooked in butter (well, i suppose it was margarine) and
soy sauce - i don't have a recipe, but there was also some garlic,
and probably a little something sour (just a little) for contrast  -
most of the citrus fruits in Indonesia are not available in the US.

So, yeah, kinda like chicken... really...

Anahita