[Sca-cooks] Julia Child A Tribute

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 23 09:27:31 PDT 2004

I can't tell you how this hurts my heart.  I am actually surprised she
lasted this long, she's been looking pretty frail for the last several
years.
Julia Child was an early role model for me.  Watching "The French Chef" was
one of the only activities my father and I could do together and actually
share a common interest in.  We laughed a lot at her on-air antics, I always
remember her matter-of-fact methods, "You can get weights at a cooking store
to hold this pot lid down, or you can use this handy can of toe-mah-toes..."
I watched her burn things, spill things, and always have 3 of everything
prepared.  I loved her then, and love her still, and will always hold a
special place in my heart for her and all the wonderful cooking she showed
me throughout my life.
With a tear in my eye,
Christianna

In case you missed the notice--

Julia Child: A Tribute

Food Network pays tribute to the amazing career of Julia Child.
This one hour specials tells her life story -
from meeting her husband while working as a spy during
World War II to developing her love for food later in life.
This special will run--
AIR TIMES:

	August 22, 2004 9:00 PM ET/PT

	August 23, 2004 1:00 AM ET/PT

	August 24, 2004 4:00 PM ET/PT

	August 27, 2004 4:00 PM ET/PT

	August 29, 2004 3:00 PM ET/PT

A number of programs on Sunday will feature episodes with Julia.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/hosts_celebrity_chefs/article/0,1974,FOOD_98
89_3108985,00.html

Johnnae