[Sca-cooks] looking in the freezer...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Aug 24 07:51:48 PDT 2004

At 06:14 AM 8/24/2004, you wrote:
>I dunno...y'all sound the same to me!
>--maire, dubliner to the core, who wonders if this "red-headed norman
>league" is anything like the league of extraordinary gentelemen???
>
>Laura C. Minnick wrote:
>
>>*Frogs*? Stefan, I'm not French, I'm *NORMAN*. There is a difference, you
>>know!
>>'Lainie
>>-another member of the Red-Headed Norman League

Funny thing- I've noticed that when in England, the Normans tended to refer
to themselves as French, but when in France they called themselves Normans!
I think it is similar to when overseas we call ourselves Americans, but
when in the States we call oursleves Oregonians, or Montanans, or New
Yorkers, or what have you...

Anyway, The Red-Headed Norman League was a feeble reference to the Arthur
Conan-Doyle Sherlock Holmes story about the Red-Headed League. Except that
there isn't a bank robbery involved. ;-)

'Lainie