[Sca-cooks] Nicholas Flamel

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Aug 25 06:13:44 PDT 2004

Hmmmmm....
Okay, so I'll give you logic points on this one, although I still think
there's more to Hagrid.
RE: struggle between Harry and He-who-must-not-be-named....I saw in an
interview an interesting tidbit.  JK was saying (in reference to the
first encounter that got Harry the scar) that what we should be asking
(IIRC), was not why did Harry live, but why didn't HWMNBN *die?*
Say...do we know for sure that HeWho....isn't a half-blood himself? It
seems sometimes like the worst racists and bigots can be those who are
the thing they hate....
ISTR, as well, that JK's said it wasn't Harry who was the prince of the
title.  Although I wonder, too, at all that money, especially since his
parents died relatively young, and didn't have a reputation for a
substantial lifestyle, so to speak.  I'd imagine, at the very least,
that his aunt would have been aware of something if the money came from
his mom's side of the family in some way, so my bet is on Dad, who
definitely seemed to have that "golden-boy"
negligently-rich-and-talented thing down pretty good in those memories
of Snapes'.
--maire, who's not aware enough yet to think of OFC, although Pain
Perdue *would* be tasty for breakfast....hmmm.....