[Sca-cooks] Commercial Mustard ingredients.

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Aug 26 17:46:29 PDT 2004

Okay, I was actually wondering this, recently, anyways, but:
What exactly makes a mustard a "dijon" mustard? I thought maybe
consistency, but I've seen it for sale as both smooth, and chunkier
(still showing evidence of the seeds, almost a whole-grain mustard).  I
was a bit disgruntled, having to actually buy some of the stuff (for a
modern recipe) when I could so easily have made my own (in the broad
middle of a mustard project for A&S Competition).
--maire