[Sca-cooks] Commercial Mustard ingredients.

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Aug 26 20:35:27 PDT 2004

So, gang, if I wanted to make my own, I could do it with white wine,
possibly vinegar (white wine, I assume), and lighter-colored mustard seeds?
How interesting!
So...next question, aimed primarily at Master A.  What makes a lumbardy
mustard "lumbardy?"
How many other name-varieties of mustard can we think of? And did folks
in the middle ages make any of the same distinctions?
(okay, so that's more than one more question, but I'm a)going somewhere
with it, and b)just plain curious anyways....
--maire, ignoring her spinning for the greater attraction of food ;o)

kingstaste at mindspring.com wrote:

> I would agree, "dijon-style" mustard is made with white wine in addition to
> or instead of vinegar.
> Christianna
d white wine to the ground mustard.