[Sca-cooks] good brands of vinegar

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Aug 31 12:26:49 PDT 2004

> A recent cooking or general living type magazine had a vinegar taste
> testing.  At the moment I can't think which magazine though.  (How long does
> it take before articles reach the periodical search engines?)

Hm... on average, for general interest publications, 1-3 months. For
professional publications and indexes, 6-12 months.

> I am guessing that in your area Italian grocery stores in Philadelphia and
> NYC might have the best selections.

Rumor has it that there is an Italian grocery store somewhere in the
Lehigh valley. If I get desperate and I know a brand to look for, I may
gird my loins and venture into Wegmans... but only if I have to.

> One mail order place in the US that I like that makes Italian style items is
> the Viansa winery.
> http://www.viansa.com

Oooh. Interesting.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"If you have no faith in yourself, then have faith in the things
you call truth.  You know what must be done.  You may not have courage
or trust or understanding or the will to do it, but you know what must
be done.  You can't turn back.  There is no answer behind you.  You
fear what you cannot name.  So look at it and find a name for it.
Turn your face forward and learn.  Do what must be done." - McKillip