[Sca-cooks]Whale/Porpoise meat

ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Mon Dec 6 09:38:47 PST 2004

I work for a Japanese company so I just turned around and asked a
couple of co-workers. They said whale meat is really tough and
stringy. They likened it to brisket as far as texture and
toughness. I'm not sure how that correlates to the description
below. They said it is usually served in thin strips because it is
so tough. One of them said it has more of a "sweetish/sour" taste
than beef. They both said they didn't like it and that it needs to
be cooked for a long time in a sauce.

I hope that helps,
Ysabeau
Barony of Bryn Gwlad