[Sca-cooks] Cooking Symposium comments

nickiandme at att.net nickiandme at att.net
Mon Dec 6 11:11:18 PST 2004

Greetings to all,

The contingent from Calontir made the drive home all safe and sound.

We were all so excited to be there and glad we came.  It was so much fun. And so much learning.  We were wore out by the time the last class period rolled around - so much information, so much intense learning, so little time... And the banquet at the end was truly scrumptious.  I took only a spoonfull (a small spoonful) of everything and it was still way too much food.  We had sausages that had been made that day, some bread that had been made in the breadmaking classes, and the cheesemaking was excellent.

I actually watched how mozzerella string cheese was made.  I got to taste the difference in the store-bought, high-heat pasturization and low-heat pasturization milk. I was priviledged to sit in on a second hour of question/answer with Master Basilicus Phocus on his Libro Novo translation.  And to talk translations with Catrin von Berlin (Hi Gwen Cat - waves hand.)  To meet with Mistress Kiri, and Hauviette, and to say hi to HE Mistress Alys.

The only thing that could have made the whole seminar better would have been to have all the classes two-hours long, and back-to-back so we didn't have to make choices about which class to attend.  But, there's no way I could have stayed awake 24 hours. And still be coherent after learning so much.

We're planning on coming back next year - if it doesn't conflict with our Kris-kinder Market event.  And we'll bring more people with us.

I'd like to thank all the teachers who gave of their time and efforts to teach us.  You are truly appreciated by us, your students from Calontir.

Head still spinning from learning so much, But happy all the same - it was well worth the 8 hour drive there.

Kateryn de Develyn
residing in the Barony of Coeur d'Ennui
Kingdom of Calontir