[Sca-cooks] anybody familiar with this book?

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Dec 9 10:28:13 PST 2004

Found this on oxbowbooks:
A Taste of Time: Culinary Cultures of the Middle East
by Richard Tapper

This pioneering book looks at the culinary cultures of the Middle East
in a variety of contexts, covering a wide area, from Central Asia to
Morocco. Topics include origins and diffusions on ingredients and
dishes, changes in food production and eating habits, contemporary
revivals of traditional cooking, literary representations of food and
drink, and the class, gender and communal dimensions of food.320p (IB
Tauris 2001)
ISBN 1860646034. Paperback. Publishers price US $17.95, DBBC Price US
$7.98

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_