[Sca-cooks] Hard Liquor ingredients(found part of it)

jehan.yves jehan.yves at signofthetiger.com
Fri Dec 10 19:58:12 PST 2004

from the ATF FAQs:
http://www.atf.gov/alcohol/info/faq/genalcohol.htm#g1

this is taken from the florilegium:

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 14:08:25 -0400
From: Jeff Gedney <JGedney at dictaphone.com>
Subject: SC - Fw: Re: Distilling

The Code of Federal Regulations clearly states that ALL spirits produced by
distillation are considered to be owing taxes FROM THE MOMENT THEY COME
INTO EXISTENCE.
There are no exceptions in the code.
As for buying tax stamps, 27CFR19 clearly spells out what constitutes a
legal facility for the proiduction of spirits by distillation.
If your still, whose products you are buying tax stamps for, do not meet
those specifications, you are inviolation of federal regulations, and
subject to prosecution.
If you have a still, you are supposed, according to the regulations, to
immediately allow the ATF to inspect and certify the facility AT ANY TIME
they choose to visit.
Any attempt to hide, dismantle or change the still is a violation of the law.
Period. no exceptions.
Don't forget, that these regulations are the very same that got Al Capone.
They are real and may be vigorously enforced at any time.
Just because some local ATF office may look the other way, does not mean
they will continue to do so, or that any other branch will look the other
way, too.

Just because someone you know is not CAUGHT and PROSECUTED distilling
alcoholic beverages, does not make it LEGAL

If you do not produce alcohol in your still, you are not subject to these
laws, so essential oil stills, as long as they are not used with an
alcoholic mash, are perfectly legal.

brandu

I have misplaced my link to the ATF regulation, but I am sure that Phlip,
and, or Avraham, or several others on this list have it close to hand. It
is a topic that has come up many times on this list, and several brewing
and distilling lists that I am on.
JehanYves