[Sca-cooks] 15th centure menus

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Fri Dec 17 12:29:44 PST 2004

Greetings all,

I am looking for pointers to 15th century menus. Primarily in England &
Scotland, but also other European capitals. I am working to understand
how foods were paired (or combined if you will) into meals. Taking a
suggestion from Mistress Irina (Baroness of Bryn Madoc) I would also be
interested in pointers to information on the beliefs and attitudes
regarding food during this period (cultural, religious, and health).

I have found what appers to be a very useful site, others would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Aoghann

What I have found in the Florilegium so far:
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/p-menus-msg.html
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/idxfeasts.html
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/Mdwntr-AS-Fst-art.html
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/p-feasts-msg.html