Ang: [Sca-cooks] A history of the Crusades

agora at algonet.se agora at algonet.se
Sat Dec 18 06:21:03 PST 2004

Amin Malouf "The Crusades from the Arabs view" is a terrific good book,
a tale of the tales of the "defeated". How the Arabs saw the Crusades, how
they dealed with the Europeans. Anna Commenas book "The Alexiad" is also
a very good reading. She was the oldest daughter of the emperor Alexis,
founder of the dynasty Commeno.
She tells the history of the Crusades from the point of Byzantium. Well
ritten and full of wit too...
Ana, on holiday on my old country, Uruguay. When I am back to Stockholm
and reach my library, with several titles about the Crusades, can answer
more properly.