[Sca-cooks] Sweet bread or cake recipe needed

M C Grasse grasse at mscd.edu
Sun Dec 19 09:25:38 PST 2004

Greetings the list

I am hoping for recipe help.  I was kitchen help at an event last week,
and ended up salvaging a 5lb container of: currants and chopped almonds
that were simmered in white wine.  (It was to go in a rice dish where
the rice did not cooperate.  It seemed a shame to waste the stuff, so
it is in my fridge.)  I am HOPING to find a cake or bread recipe,
prefer period or at least period inspired,  that takes well to freezing
and ideally can be made in loaf pans.  Bonus if it is late period
English/British isles.
The mix reminds me very much of part of a Stollen dough (just add candy
fruits) but as we discussed, period Stollen are not the same creatures.

I know there are some great resources on this list so Im certain you
will come through with something.  Thanks for all the help in advance.

In Service
Gwen Cat