[Sca-cooks] Cookie recipe for today

nickiandme at att.net nickiandme at att.net
Wed Dec 22 05:36:37 PST 2004

Coconut Macaroons
(taken from the Joy of Cooking, via my memory of the recipe)

2/ 3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 & 1 /2 tsp vanilla
white of 1 large egg
1 / 8 tsp salt
1 package (12 oz) of sweetened shredded coconut

Mix milk, vanilla, egg and salt together thoroughly. Stir in the shredded coconut.  Make sure it is well mixed in.   Drop by semi-rounded tablespoons onto parchment paper or an oiled cookie sheet (I use my stoneware without any problem.)   Bake at 325 F for about 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Store in airtight container.  Can keep refrigerated up to two weeks.  Makes approx 3 dozen moist tasty mounds of coconut.

I have trouble keeping this around that long.  My mother can eat a double batch in a week.

Kateryn de Develyn