[Sca-cooks] OT: ASCII characters (was Hispanic cookie question)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 23 05:55:37 PST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Fisher <liamfisher at gmail.com>

That looked like it was copied and pasted from a micro$oft
product.  If the document had been typed using a spanish
keyboard it would have shown up fine, as ASCII supports
those characters. (or if they are typed in by holding down the
Alt-key, and entering the ascii code from the character, a
holdover from DOS).

Cadoc

Nope.  I sent the original message, and I didn't copy and paste.  I typed the ASCII code (alt-164), which is why I was surprised that it didn't come through clearly.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom